Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Easter

My favorite item in the Easter basket was always the brightly colored, chocolate and candy shell malted ball eggs.  Some call them Robin Eggs, and Brach's continues to produce them.  They were always the first to disappear from my horde, and I would gladly trade all peeps and jelly beans for a few of these.


This chocolate egg container is fun and easy to make.  All you need to do is get a packet of small balloons and some of your favorite chocolate chunks.  I used Ghiradelli milk chocolate.  Melt the chocolate in the microwave or double boiler, blowup a balloon to your desired size, and paint the balloon with melted chocolate, stand it up on wax paper, and pop it in the freezer to harden.  When it is good and chilled, crack it open with a knife, peel out the balloon, and fill the shells with your favorite easter candy.  Try to save it for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, I like spam on occasion. Just not in the comments section.